Karoo Lark provides online messengers for common instant messaging services, like Window Live Messenger (MSN), Google Talk (Gtalk), Facebook Chat (FBChat), Yahoo! Messenger (YChat) and others.
Last updated: March 05, 2011
KarooLark, Inc. ("KarooLark") owns and runs karoolark.com (the "Websites"), through which it offers various services and software (the Websites, services and software are referred to as the "Services").
1. Information Collected. You are not required to provide personally identifiable information to visit the Websites. However, in order to take advantage of certain features you may need to provide some personally identifiable information.
2. Storage, Disclosure and Use of Your Communications. You can use KarooLark to chat in private IM sessions. Never disclose personal information about yourself in a public area. Don't share personal information in a private chat unless it's someone you know well in the real world.
If you are logged onto KarooLark, your IM history will be stored on KarooLark's servers. You can view or delete your IM history by clicking on the IM history icon in your chat window. You can turn off the IM history feature in your KarooLark account preferences. Keep in mind that even if you elect not to store your IM history, the person that you're chatting with may be storing your conversation, either on KarooLark, on their IM network.s severs or on their own computers. By using KarooLark, you consent to the storage of your IM history on KarooLark as the default option and to the storing of your IM history by other users with whom you are chatting or by the Third Party IM Service that you or your friend is using.
KarooLark may disclose saved IM history in legal proceedings or investigations in the same manner as other personally identifiable information as described in Section 5(f) and (g).
KarooLark may customize the advertising shown to users based on software analysis of chat conversations.
We and our advertisers may use third-party companies to serve ads when you use the Services. These third-party ad-serving companies may also place cookies on your computer. Sometimes these cookies may be used to provide customized advertising to you on the Websites or on other sites. These advertising companies may also use Web beacons to help manage and optimize our online advertising.
KarooLark may share data about aggregate IP addresses, but such data does not include personally identifiable information.
5. Usage and Sharing of Information.
Usage of Information. KarooLark may use the information it collects, including your personal information, aggregated data, and Anonymized Data, for the following purposes:
Sharing of Information. KarooLark may share personally identifiable information with third parties in the following cases:
In the event that KarooLark is acquired by or merged with another company or transfers substantially all of its assets to another company, KarooLark will transfer all of its user information and data, including information about you, to that other company.
6. Notification of Changes and Other Events. Any changes to this policy will be posted on the Websites in this location.
KarooLark reserves the right to send you communications relating to your account, the Services, and the Terms and Conditions.
You consent to receiving all notifications from KarooLark through display on the Websites or through email, including any notifications that KarooLark is required by law to send to you.
9. Editing and Deleting Your Account Information and Preferences. You can edit certain personal information that you have provided or request that your account be deleted by contact us at email@example.com. Deleting your KarooLark account does not currently remove your personal information from the KarooLark servers. However, if you delete your account, we will use your personal information only as described in Sections 5(f) and (g).
10. Children. KarooLark does not knowingly permit children under 13 to use KarooLark services. In addition, KarooLark does not store any personal information of users who access their Third Party IM Service accounts and indicate to us that they are under 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information. If you are a parent of a child under 13 and you believe that your child using our KarooLark services in violation of our policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Comments and Questions. If you have any comments or questions you may address them to our customer service department at email@example.com.